Minchin Jackson family tree
Descendants of George Jackson
1 George Jackson b: in of Mount Pleasant, Tipperary, Ireland d: in Kings Co., Ireland
.. +Anne Minchin of Castletown, Kings Co. m 27 Apr 1720
........ 2 George Jackson
........ 2 Harriet Jackson
........ 2 John Jackson
........ 2 Margaret Jackson
........ 2 Minchin Jackson d: in of Fortnall, Kings Co., Ireland
............ +Mary Anne Unnamed d: Bef. 1780
...................3 George Jackson b: in of Tipperary
....................... +Anne Nesbit Anderson
............................. 4 Jane Jackson d: Bef. 1889
............................. 4 Penelope Jackson d: Bef. 1889
............................. 4 Anne Jackson d: Bef. 1889
............................. 4 Frances Jackson d: Bef. 1889
............................. 4 Letitia Jackson d: Bef. 1889
................... *2nd Wife of George Jackson:
....................... +Letitia Herbert b: in of Muckross, Co. Kerry, Ireland
............................. 4 Richard Herbert Jackson d: 07 Aug 1845
............................. 4 Mary Jackson
................................. +William Butler b: 1814 m: 1857
...................3 William Jackson b: in of Ballymacky, Co. Tipperary, Ireland
....................... +Charlotte Willington m: 20 Jan 1826 in St. Mary's Parish, Dublin, Co. Dublin, Ireland
...................3 Catherine Jackson
...................3 Minchin Jackson b: Abt. 1813 in Mount Pleasant, Tipperary, Ireland d: Aft. 1889
....................... +Frances Errington m: 1849
............................. 4 Frances D. Jackson
............................. 4 Louisa Jane Jackson d: Bef. 1946
................................. +George Errington Lloyd b: 28 Feb 1880 in of Lisheen Castle, Co. Tipperary d: 04 Dec 1958 in Hexham, Canada
............................. 4 Letitia Jackson
............................. 4 Mary E. Jackson
Descendants of George Jackson
Generation No. 1
1. GEORGE1 JACKSON1,2,3,4 was born in of Mount Pleasant, Tipperary, Ireland, and died in Kings Co., Ireland5. He married ANNE MINCHIN6 27 Apr 17207, daughter of EDWARD MINCHIN and ANNE STOYTE. She was born in of Castletown, Kings Co..
Children of GEORGE JACKSON and ANNE MINCHIN are:
i. GEORGE2 JACKSON, b. Aft. 1720.
ii. HARRIET JACKSON, b. Aft. 1720.
iii. JOHN JACKSON, b. Aft. 1720.
iv. MARGARET JACKSON, b. Aft. 1720.
2. v. MINCHIN JACKSON, b. Aft. 1720; d. of Fortnall, Kings Co., Ireland.
Generation No. 2
2. MINCHIN2 JACKSON (GEORGE1)8,9,10 was born Aft. 1720, and died in of Fortnall, Kings Co., Ireland11. He married MARY ANNE UNNAMED12. She died Bef. 178013.
Children of MINCHIN JACKSON and MARY UNNAMED are:
3. i. J.P. & MAJOR GEORGE3 JACKSON, b. of Tipperary.
ii. WILLIAM JACKSON14, b. of Ballymacky, Co. Tipperary, Ireland; m. CHARLOTTE WILLINGTON, 20 Jan 1826, St. Mary's Parish, Dublin, Co. Dublin, Ireland15.
iii. CATHERINE JACKSON.
4. iv. MINCHIN JACKSON, b. Abt. 1813, Mount Pleasant, Tipperary, Ireland; d. Aft. 1889.
Generation No. 3
3. J.P. & MAJOR GEORGE3 JACKSON (MINCHIN2, GEORGE1)16,17,18 was born in of Tipperary. He married (1) ANNE NESBIT ANDERSON. He married (2) LETITIA HERBERT19, daughter of RICHARD HERBERT and JANE STOUGHTON. She was born in of Muckross, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
Children of GEORGE JACKSON and ANNE ANDERSON are:
i. JANE4 JACKSON, d. Bef. 1889.
ii. PENELOPE JACKSON, d. Bef. 1889.
iii. ANNE JACKSON, d. Bef. 1889.
iv. FRANCES JACKSON, d. Bef. 1889.
v. LETITIA JACKSON, d. Bef. 1889.
Children of GEORGE JACKSON and LETITIA HERBERT are:
vi. RICHARD HERBERT4 JACKSON, d. 07 Aug 184520.
vii. MARY JACKSON21, m. WILLIAM BUTLER, 1857; b. 1814.
4. MINCHIN3 JACKSON (MINCHIN2, GEORGE1)22 was born Abt. 1813 in Mount Pleasant, Tipperary, Ireland23, and died Aft. 188924. He married FRANCES ERRINGTON 1849.
Children of MINCHIN JACKSON and FRANCES ERRINGTON are:
i. FRANCES D.4 JACKSON.
ii. LOUISA JANE JACKSON, d. Bef. 1946; m. GEORGE ERRINGTON LLOYD; b. 28 Feb 1880, of Lisheen Castle, Co. Tipperary; d. 04 Dec 1958, Hexham, Canada.
iii. LETITIA JACKSON.
iv. MARY E. JACKSON.
1. Note, http://records.ancestry.com/George_Jackson_records.ashx?pid=146297039 George married Ann Minchin and had 5 children. He passed away in Kings, Ireland.
2. Deed, 36-336-22749 1710 Apr 4 Ballymacky also shows up in marriage of William JACKSON, grandson of this George JACKSON & son of Minchin JACKSON : Robert COLE, Esq of Ballymacky, Co. Tipperary to George JACKSON, Farmer of Knockanglass, Co. TIPPERARY of Knockanglass + part of Ballymacky + part of Cappagh West all in Upper Ormond (Bar.) TIPP, [539 acres plantation measure] formerly enjoyed by Captn William COATES for lives of George JACKSON, and his eldest son Robert JACKSON & George JACKSON, his 2nd son at £67.7s. Registrars: Jonas PERCY, Thomas FRANK & John JERVIS. WITNESSES: Thomas ANTISELL, Gent, then of Kellowning TIPP now of Straghduff; Stephen ALLEN, Esq of Kellowning, Tipperary; Thomas TALBOTT, Gent of Clonegenagh KINGS. Also: Deed: 208-196-138020 Btw Henry COLE BOWEN of Kilamer co Cork Esq to George JACKSON of Cullanwane in Kings Co, Gent... to George JACKSON lands of Knockanglass part of Ballymacky and part Cappagh in Barony of Upper Ormond, Co Tipperary.. lives of George JACKSON & George JACKSON his eldest son & Minchin JACKSON his second son. SEE: History of the county of Middlesex, Canada. The family crest included 3 eagles heads. .
3. Note, In Dublin Preor Marriages, there is an entry for Francis BIDDULPH of Kilaghy, Kings Co. m Mary JACKSON of Ballymackey, Co. Tipperary 7 Apr 1712. Then these names connect in a deed: 1721 Mar 1 Deed: 37-536-24123 SADLIER Co. Tipperary Book Index 1708-1729 for £575 ster to Thomas SMITH, Gent of Ballingarry, Co. Tipperary; co-executor of will of Robert JACKSON; George JACKSON, Gent of Knockanglass, Co. Tipperary; co-executor of will of Robert JACKSON; & Francis BIDOLPH of Rathrobin, Kings Co.; co-executor of will of Robert JACKSON; as pd by Charles SADLIER by direction and appointment of Stephen ALLEN, Thomas SMITH George JACKSON & Francis BIDOLPH did grant Charles SADLIER Garranmore & Ballycarrane, Co. Tipperary [214 acres plantation measure] as granted by Stephen ALLEN to Ann RIGGS, widow of Riggsdale, Cork by mtg 25 &27 April 1713 for £400 and afterwards assigned by Ann RIGGS to Robert JACKSON. WITNESSES: William SINNOTT & William DEVALL. .
4. Deed, 271-560-181683 1767 Jan 19 JACKSON-O’BRIEN Book Index 1768-1776 George JACKSON of Clongamma, Kings Co Gent of 1st pt & Denis O’BRIEN of other.. lands of Tipperary .
5. Note, Possibly Fortnall, Kings Co. since his sone Minchin was resident here.
6. Note, http://records.ancestry.com/Ann_Minchin_records.ashx?pid=153114889 Born to Edward Minchin and Anne Stoyte. Ann married George Jackson and had 5 children. .
7. Note, Prerog Marriages George JACKSON Esq. of Ballymacky, Co. Tipperary married Mary MINCHIN of Castletown, Kings Co. 27 Apr 1720. http://www.igp-web.com/tipperary/marriages/bonds_dub.htm.
8. History of the County of Middlesex, Minchin Jackson, who was a gentleman by birth and a landed proprietor of Tipperary County, Ireland, his estate being called Mount Pleasant. .
9. Note, In 1759, Minchin JACKSON was promoted to surveyor of the Kilrush yacht.
10. Deed, 1759 Apr 20 Deed: 208-196-138020 COLE BOWEN-JACKSON Book Index 1758-1768 Btw Henry COLE BOWEN of Kilamer co Cork Esq to George JACKSON of Cullanwane in Kings Co, Gent... to George JACKSON lands of Knockanglass part of Ballymacky and part Cappagh in Barony of Upper Ormond, Co Tipperary.. lives of George JACKSON & George JACKSON his eldest son & Minchin JACKSON his second son. SEE: History of the county of Middlesex, Canada. The family crest included 3 eagles heads. .
11. Deed 247-163-160973, Witness: Minchin JACKSON of Fortnall, Kings Co.
12. Note, Waterford WIlls http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/WATERFORD/2009-01/1233275134 Willington Priscilla 1780 Killoskehan Sp: Children: Sister = Ann Minchin, wife of John Minchin of Anna Co. Tipp. and Mary Kyffin, Jonathan Willington K[yffin], Eliz. Minchin, children of sister Ann; Sister = Alice Willington, wife of John Willington of Killoskehan and her children - Mary, Eliz., Jonathan, Ann, Priscilla and James Willington; Kinswoman = Mary Anne Jackson, wife of Minchin Jackson, Alice Willington, widow of King Willington, decd.; Kinsman = Rev. John Smith of Lisacrory, Co. Tipp.; Mother = Mary; Brother = John Willington of Castle Willington, Co. Tipp.
13. Note, In 1780, a will of Mary Anne JACKSON, wife of Minchin JACKSON was probated at Waterford.
14. He may have had Minchin as a middle name - although there was also a WIlliam Minchin JACKSON b. 1860 son of Thomas JACSKON and Caroline Mary JONES: HELEN ELIZABETH LINDSAY, Deceased. Pursuant to the Statute i2nd and 23rd Vic., cap. 35, intituled " An Act to further amend the Law of Property, and to relieve Trustees." N OTICE is hereby given, that all creditors and other persons having any debts, claims, or demands upon or against the estate of Helen Elizabeth Lindsay, late of 11, Duchess-street, Portland-place, in the county of Middlesex, Spinster, deceased (who died on the 2-th day of January, 18^2, and whose will, with two codicils, was proved on the 22nd day of March, 1892, by William Minchin Jackson and Robert Payne Crawford, the executors .thereinnamed), are hereby required to send particulars, in writing, of their debts, claims, or demands to us, the undersigned, the Solicitors for the said executors, on .or before the-1st day of May next-; after which date the executors will dispose of the assets of the said deceased amon'gst, 'or in trust for, the parties entitled thereto, having regard to the debts, claims, and demands only of which they shall then have had notice; and that they will' not be liable for the said assets, or any part thereof, so distributed, to any person of whose debt, claim, or1 demand they shall not then have had nofcice.—Dated this 25th day of March, 1892. BARTCUP and DAVIS, Fitzalan House, ArumJel1- street, Stran'd, Solicitors for the Executors. .
15. Note, Marriage of WILLIAM JACKSON of CO TIPPERARY and CHARLOTTE WILLINGTON of N/R on 20 January 1826 St. Mary's, Dublin. Husband's Parish: Ballymackey. Wife's Parish: St. Mary's Dublin. Witness Minchin Jackson of Ushers Quay, Dublin. http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/6302f70553277.
16. History of the County of Middlesex, George Jackson, J. P., was first married to Miss Anne Nesbit Anderson, a lady of great wealth and accomplishments, of London, England, by whom he had seven children, all of whom have passed away. His second wife was Miss Letitia Herbert, of Mucross, County Kerry, Ireland, a sister of Admiral Sir Thomas Herbert, Col. Herbert and Rev. Arthur Herbert, Rector of Trelee. His brother, William Jackson, Esq., J. P., was married to Miss Willington, daughter of James Willington, of Castle Willington, County Tipperary, Ireland.
17. Deed 1834-19-27, NOTE: I have placed these children with the 1st wife, which may not be accurate. JACKSON, George & Letitia – HERBERT, Jane George JACKSON of Mount Pleasant, Co. Tipperary & Letitia HERBERT ors JACKSON, his wife and one of the daughters of Richard Townsend HERBERT of Cahernane, Co. Kerry, deceased…. His five daughters: Jane, Penelope, Anne, Frances, Letitia. .
18. Landed Estates, http://landedestates.nuigalway.ie/LandedEstates/jsp/estate-show.jsp?id=3464 Major George Jackson of Mount Pleasant, Nenagh, county Tipperary, married Letitia daughter of Richard Townsend Herbert of Cahirnane, county Kerry. Their daughter Letitia married in 1853 Toler Kingsley Wolfe of St Margarets, county Dublin and Rapla, county Tipperary, eldest son of John Wolfe of Rockford, county Tipperary. The Jackson estate was in the parish of Ballymackey, barony of Upper Ormond, in the mid 19th century. In 1852 Andrew Jackson of Mount Pleasant married Alicia Smithwick. Andrew was murdered outside his home in 1863. Mount Pleasant and the lands of Tooreigh (729 acres in total)were advertised for sale in June 1870. In the 1870s George S. Jackson of Monkstown, county Dublin, owned 1,412 acres in county Tipperary. The main home of the Jackson family in the 19th century, occupied by John Short in 1814, by Captain Jackson in 1837 and by Major Jackson in the early 1850s. The house with 448 acres was held from John Willington. The buildings were valued at £29+. Francis Freeman was the tenant in 1870. This house no longer exists.. Parish: Ballymacky, Barony: Upper Ormond; Co: Tipperary.
19. Burke, The Landed Gentry.
20. At Mount Pleasant, County Tipperary, on the seventh instance of scarletina. Richard Herbert Jackson, second son of Maj. George Jackson. 1845 http://www.limerickcity.ie/media/08%2013%2045.pdf .
21. Edward Walford, Country Families of the United Kingdom., London, 1860, p 94. BUTLER, James, Esq. (of Park). Eldest son of the late William Butler, Esq., by Ann, dau. of Theobald Butler, Esq., of Drom, co. Tipperary ; b. 1785 ; s. 1800; m. 1813 Gertrude, eldest dau. of the late Sir John C. Garden, Bart. Is a Magistrate for co. Tipperary ; was formerly Capt. 4th Dragoon Guards. —Park, near Templemore, Co. Tipperary. Heir, his son William, b. 1814 ; m. 1857 Mary, dau. of Major Jackson, of Eapla, co. Tipperary, by Lilia, dau. of —Herbert, Esq., of Carane, co. Kerry. .
22. Note, In 1856 the London & Port Stanley Railway line was pushed through & Minchin JACKSON was instrumental in seciuring a railway Station at Glanworth. The town of Glanworth in Ontario received its name after a t town in Co. Cork, Ireland. SOURCE: Vanished Villages of Middlesex, Jennifer Grainger. .
23. History of the County of Middlesex, In 1889, he was described as being 76 years old.
24. History of the County of Middlesex, The publication date was 1889, and he was described as still living.
Site Map | Legal Disclaimer | Copyright
© 2006-2011 Sharon Oddie Brown